Hybrid strains occur when skilled breeders select the best Sativa and best Indica strains and crossbreed them. The Hybrid will have similar effects to their dominant strain. Check out the following video to gain a more in-depth understanding of Hybrids.
Hybrid cannabis strains alongside Indica and Sativa play a pivotal role in the racial makeup of the world of cannabis. The uniqueness of this mixed breed can help consumers tailor their recreational experience, as well as choose better medicine for particular illnesses and ailments. That is of course if they can understand the characteristics and benefits.
What is Cannabis Hybrid?
Unlike the other cannabis strains which grow without being planted, and like any other plant which man met on earth, hybrids were somewhat created or its existence is credited to humans. With that said, it should be worthy to note that, most cannabis strains we know today aren’t pure sativa or pure indica. That is, they are either indica- or sativa-dominant hybrids. In addition, they are sometimes an equal mix of both kinds of cannabis.
History of Cannabis Hybrid
Since the inception of the cannabis sativa and indica strains, cannabis researchers have always brought their “A” game when it comes to discovering new, versatile and remarkable strains. This, of course, is a step in the right direction considering the countless flavors and multitude of effects that can be combined to create a wide array of possibilities.
More than 60 years prior to today and backed by intensive research, cannabis breeders have been more engaged on the diversification of the cannabis plant. This has been a mainstay even before the idea of crossing breeding strains from around the globe. With that in mind and cannabis laws becoming more lenient, and in the US and beyond, breeding sophisticated strains is becoming easier than ever before. This is certainly a true reflection of the number of strains available today through seed distributors.
Uses Cannabis Hybrid
Cannabis hybrid like most cannabis strains has a wide array of uses ranging from medicinal to recreational. However, it serves as a panacea for chronic pain and void of many unpleasant side effects. Another important aspect of the cannabis hybrid other than pain release it possesses the ability to relieve patients suffering from inflammations. With that said, enclosed below are some of the most popular cannabis hybrids
- White Widow
- Blue Dream
- Bubba Kush
- Jack Herer
Myths Associated with Cannabis Hybrid
Like most strains come the myths associated with it and considering the hybrid is no exception, enclosed below are some of its myths.
- The genetic makeup and effects of the cannabis hybrid give it a stronger effect (high feeling)
- The cannabis hybrid is not a combination of the sativa and indica plants
- Although the hybrid is of the sativa and indica decent it has so similarities
- The plant needs no special care, as it can be cultivated the same way as the other cannabis strains.
Facts about Cannabis Hybrid
Some of the most common facts associated with the cannabis hybrid include
- Cannabis hybrid as the name implies in a combination of the cannabis sativa and indica
- The cannabis hybrid has similar but differentiated feelings when consumed in relation to its sativa and indica counterparts
- Unlike like sativa and indica, hybrid entails much more attention and patience during cultivation for better results
- Hybrids are indica-leaning, sativa-leaning, or better still balanced, depending on the exact mixture of effects.
- The hybrid is appreciated by its users for its ability to their feet on the ground even when their heads are in the clouds.
Effects of Cannabis Hybrid
It is worthy to note that, almost all sativa dominant hybrids provide
- A relaxing feeling, that allows its users and or patients to chill out physically and mentally.
- Potent enough to give an uplifting effect on your brain. Making it ideal for consumption during the day.
- An intense experience, making the drug (cannabis hybrid) ideal for pain relief and aids patients suffering from insomnia.
- Hybrid also limit the occurrences of seizures as well as alleviating headaches
- Finally, it is also ideal for improving your mood, increasing appetite, and of course, stimulates the creative part of the brain.